In this section, we will be discussing about wireless and wired printer setup of HP Printer. As most of the printers now do support both wireless printing and wired printing, it has become much important to know about these setup. We will explain in detail about how to set up your printer in wireless method, how to change your IP address and many more.
STEPS TO SETUP HP WIRELESS PRINTER
If in case you wish to connect your HP Printer wireless you can access through the HP wireless direct and Wi-Fi Direct features. From these methods you can connect Wi-Fi capable devices such as Smartphone, tablets, or computers to you printer to setup a wireless network connection without the help of wireless router or access point.
Steps to connect hp printer to wifi
Wi-Fi Direct allows you to print wirelessly through your computer, Smartphone, or tablet. For that, your device must download the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com/setup as stated earlier. To turn on Wi-Fi direct follow the steps given
- Go to the printer control panel and click on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- In Wi-Fi direct option select settings. There you can Turn On the Wi-Fi direct option.
- You can connect up to five devices through the Wi-Fi direct method.
You can also access this method even when your printer is connected via USB cable. Make sure that your device has an active internet connection. If you have connected your printer to the computer with a USB cable, follow the steps below for the Wi-Fi Direct connection
- Open the HP printer software in the computer.
- Select Tools> Device Setup & Software> Connect a new device.
- Under the connection tab you will find Wireless option.
- It will automatically list the available printers there select your HP printer from the list of detected printers.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the setup.
Steps to print from a wireless-capable mobile that supports Wi-Fi Direct
- First, you have to Turn Wi-Fi Direct ON in your printer and in your mobile.
- Then choose the document that you have to print from your mobile and click on Print.
- The screen will now display the list of available printers.
- From that list of available printers select your printer and click OK.
Steps to print from a wireless-capable computer
- To print using Wi-Fi Direct from your computer, make sure that you have turned on the Wi-Fi direct option in your printer and computer.
- Choose the printers name from the list of the available network in the Wi-Fi settings in your computer.
- Next, enter the password to connect the printer with your computer.
With is you have successfully connected your printer wireless. If you still find it difficult to connect your printer using Wi-Fi you can visit us at 123.hp.com/setup or contact our toll-free support number