STEPS TO SETUP WIRED NETWORK PRINTER
For users who wish to connect your printer via LAN or other wired networks you have to connect your printer with the Ethernet cable from the router. Ensure that you have connected the Ethernet cable properly. In your printer, you can find a port for connecting the Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable at the printer port and another end to the network router. Once the connection is completed download the printer driver. To download the printer driver follow the given steps
You can download and install the official HP printer software for your hp printer from 123.hp.com/setup.
- First, go to 123.hp.com/setup
- Second, type your printer model number in the search bar and click on search
- Now you will get a list of drivers and software displayed in the screen
- From the list of available driver and software, you have to select the appropriate one for your printer.
- Click on Download now button.
- The download will automatically initialize in few seconds.
- Once the download is completed next you have to install the printer.
To install the printer software make sure that your printer is connected in a network or an active internet connection. After downloading, install the software on your computer/Laptop. Follow the given steps to install the driver and software in your computer/laptop.
- Go to Downloads menu in your computer/laptop and select the downloaded setup package.
- Next, double click on the package to open it or you can right click the package and select open.
- A dialogue box appears. Click Yes or Run to continue the installation.
- A 123 connection screen will appear now in your monitor. Click on continue to go to the software selection page.
- From the software selection page it is recommended to select the customize software selection.
- Now you have to click the check- boxes to agree the terms and select Next to begin the HP printer software installation.
- All your selected software and drivers will be installed in your computer. Wait until the installation is completed.
- At the end of driver installation, select the connection type as ‘Wired Network’.
- Click OK to complete the setup.
After successfully installing your printer, now have to reboot your computer.
STEPS TO CHANGE NETWORK SETTINGS
Steps To Print Network settings
- Click on Wireless icon to displaythe network status screen.
- Next select Print Info to print the network configuration page.
- You can also follow these steps to print network settings
- Click Tools > Network Configuration Report
Steps To change IP settings
- Click on Wireless option and select Settings
- Go to Advanced Settings > IP Settings
You will get a warning message like the one shown below in a dialogue box
“Warning that changing the IP address removes the printer from the network”
Click OK to continue. For changing the settings manually set the following details as per your network settings.
IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Address
With this, you have successfully connected your HP printer using wired cables (LAN / Ethernet). If you still find it difficult in connecting Ethernet / LAN cables to your printer check out our customer support chat box. Our tech experts at 123.hp.com/setup will help you in setting your printer.