STEPS TO Troubleshoot PAPER JAM AND FEED ISSUE
Paper jam from the input tray
- Pull out the input tray and remove the paper which is stuck in the tray.
- After the paper is removed reinsert the input tray into the printer.
- Turn on the printer
Paper jam from the print zone
- Turn off the printer to access the ink cartridge area.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and move the printer carriage.
- Check for the paper jammed inside the cartridge area.
- Remove the jammed paper from the carriage.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Paper jam from the rear of the printer
Turn off the printer and open the rear door of the printer. Check for any paper stuck or jammed in the area. Remove the paper and close the rear access door.
It is recommended to avoid using tools to remove objects such as papers that stuck in print carriage. In general, to avoid paper jams in HP printer
- Frequently clear the output tray.
- Do not use papers that are torn or folded.
- Do not overload the input tray.
STEPS TO troubleshoot INK CARTRIDGE ISSUES
Check frequently that if both the black and colored ink cartridges have the suitable amount of ink in it. If the ink level is lower than the normal, replace the ink cartridge. Also, check if the cartridge contacts are damaged or miss placed in the slots and check if the protective layer is removed properly. Clean the cartridge contact with a piece of fine cloth. Do not touch the contacts. Reinsert the cartridges in its slot to resume printing.
If you find trouble with the ink cartridge after this process, you have to replace the ink cartridge. Use only the original HP ink cartridges.
STEPS TO troubleshoot PRINT QUALITY ISSUES
Generally, print quality issues occur due to the following reasons
- Check if you are using original HP ink cartridge.Use the recommended paper size for printing.
- Choose the proper settings in the print settings page.
- Check for updates in the printer software and look for quality settings in the software.
- Make sure that you replace the ink cartridge at regular intervals.
- Proper cartridge alignment must be done after installing new cartridges every time for better print quality.
STEPS TO troubleshoot NETWORK ISSUES
Most often you may face issues with network connectivity while printing from the LAN cables. To solve these issues regarding the network and connectivity, you can visit the HP online troubleshooting wizard
Follow the instructions displayed on your desktop to complete the troubleshooting process.
Steps to Fix wireless connection
If you have encountered any network issues from your printer you can fix the HP printer wireless connection by downloading the HP printer scan doctor from the given link. The HP Scan doctor software helps you to fix the network issues automatically.
To check the network configuration and to print test page follow the instructions
- Click on Wireless from the Home screen in the printer control display panel.
- Next, select the Settings > Print Reports > Network configuration Page or Wireless Test Report.
Go to 123.hp.com or 123.hp.com/setup for more setup details.