HOW TO Setup HP envy 4512 Printer
Do you find difficulties in installing your HP Envy 4512 printer? Then you are in the right place. In this page we guide you in unboxing, printing and scanning. We also assist you in how to connect to wireless network and basic setup of HP Envy 4512 printer. You will also know some important information such as downloading and installing HP Envy 4512 software and drivers.
Unboxing and printer setup
- To begin with the basic printer setup, follow the given steps to unbox and setting up your printer.
- First, you have to remove packing materials and tape both from outside and inside the printer carefully.
- You should handle the printer parts carefully because any damage could cause you malfunctioning of the printer.
- Then you should check for any packing materials left over in the input tray and cartridge areas.
- Once all the printer packing materials have been removed from the printer, put it for recycling.
- The next step is to provide power supply for your printer.
- For that you have to connect one end of the power chord given along with your printer with an external power source and another end to the rear side of your printer.
- Once you have successfully connected the power chord you can turn ON the printer.
- Then from the printer control panel go to Settings to set date, time, and language of the printer.
How to install ink cartridges
- After unboxing the printer, you have to install the ink cartridge into the printer.
- You will find these ink cartridges shipped along with the printer. Follow the steps for installing the ink cartridges in HP Envy 4512
- It is suggested that you must handle these ink cartridges very carefully. If the ink cartridges are mishandled it may cause printer failure.
Always remember to store these ink cartridges in cool and dry place
Keep the ink cartridges away from children because these cartridges may turn poisonous for children.
- You should carefully hold the cartridges only by their side which is covered by a black colored plastic layer.
- Then carefully insert these ink cartridges into their respective slots available in the ink cartridge access door.
- Place the black ink cartridge to the right and the color ink cartridge to the left
Get all kinds of HP Printer tech support from us at 123.hp.com. You can call our customer support team through the toll-free number given from our website.
how to load paper into the input tray
We are now going to explain about loading papers into the input tray. After successfully installing the ink cartridges, next you have to load the papers into the input tray for printing. Follow the steps carefully for loading the papers
- You should always use the recommended papers for printing. The most preferred paper size would be A4 size plain white papers.
- For loading the papers, you have to open the input tray and pull out the tray extender.
- Before placing the papers into the input tray you will have to adjust the paper width slider. The paper width slider is given for adjusting the paper width which is placed in the input tray.
- With the help of this slider you can adjust the paper in the input tray and slide until it reaches the bottom of the input tray. Once you have inserted the papers an automated printer alignment paper will be printed.
How to install the printer software
With this above step, you have come to the end of your printer hardware set up. Next let’s move on to the software installation. You can install the official HP printer software for your printer from 123.hp.com/other-printers
- Before you start using your printer, check if your printer has the latest updated printer software and driver.
- You could find a search bar in the page from which you can download the printer driver and software.
- Type your printer model number in the search bar and click on GO.
- A list of available printer driver and software will be displayed from which you can download your printer driver and software.To open the printer software
For Windows 10: Click on Start and select HP from the list of apps, and then select the icon that displays your printer.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the desktop and click All Apps on the app bar, and then select the printer.
For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: Click Start All Programs and select HP. From that folder select the icon with the printer name.
HOW TO PRINT DOCUMENTS
Printing status report and cartridge alignment
Before you start printing your documents make sure that you have checked the print quality. It is important to check for print quality so that you can get better print results. For better print quality, you have to align the ink cartridges first.
- To check the print quality, the printer will automatically print an alignment paper.
- Ensure that you have loaded the input tray with the paper before checking the print quality.
- Check with the alignment paper and follow the instructions given in the printed paper for ink cartridge alignment.
Next for aligning the ink cartridges, follow the instructions given below
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the printed alignment paper in the scanner glass.
- Make sure that the printed side is facing downwards.
- Close the scanner lid to and click on OK to start the alignment process.
- You have to use original HP ink cartridges only.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed in their respective slots.
- You should always monitor the ink levels in the cartridges.
- It is advised not to use the papers if folded or torn
To Print on both sides (duplexing)
Some of you may ask how can I print on both the sides of the paper?
You can definitely print on both sides of the paper. It is called as duplexing. To achieve this you have to open the printer control panel. Select File > Print. There click the printer shortcut tab and select print on both sides manually.
How to print using HP envy 4512
With the successful alignment of the ink cartridges, we are now moving on towards how to print using your HP Envy 4512 printer?
In this section we guide you in printing your documents. You can print your required documents by any of the following methods
- HP Smart App
- HP Printer Software
Print using the hp smart app
Follow the instructions given below for successful printing using the HP Smart app method
- Insert the paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Next, open the HP Smart app and select your printer.
- Select the document that you have to print (Photos, documents)
- Click on Print
Print documents using hp printer software
In case if you wish to print using the printer software, you must have to install the appropriate printer driver and software as stated before. You can install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com in your computer.
- Load the input paper into the input tray.
- Open the printer properties dialogue box (Ctrl + p).
- Here you can set details and change properties like paper size, color, and paper orientation.
- Next, click on print to start printing.
HOW TO COPY AND SCAN DOCUMENTS
Some of your printer has the capability of taking copies and scanning your documents. In this section we help you on scanning and copying your documents. The user can take any number of copies with the Copy menu or they can scan your documents and use it for later purposes.
- Make sure that your printer is ON.
- Now load the paper that you want to make the copy in the scanner glass.
- Ensure that you placed the printed side facing down in the scanner area.
- Next you have to select copy option from the printer control panel.
- Then enter the number of copies that you are going to make and click on copy.
You can also change the properties like paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings. To start copying click on Settings from the printer display and select copy.
Note: Click on Select Black to start the copy in black and white. Or Select Start Color to start the copy in color
Install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com as stated earlier in this article. Follow the steps to download and install the software for scanning your documents.
- Next you have to place the paper to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Note that the print side must always face downwards in the scanner section.
- Now open the installed HP scan software to start the scanning process.
- Click on scan to scan the document placed in the scanner glass.
You can also scan the document through any of the following ways
Scan using the HP Smart
The HP Smart app is used widely to scan documents or photos from the printer’s scanner. The HP Smart app also includes tools that allow you to adjust the scanned image. Follow the instructions to start scanning with the HP smart app
Scan from a Windows 10
- Place the paper to be scanned with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Smart app and click on scan option from the application.
- From there you can see the preview of the scanned document by selecting the Preview button.
- Select the Save icon after the scanning process is completed.
Scan from an Android or iOS
For using this HP smart app from your mobile device you have to download the HP Smart app in your mobile.
Before using the app, firstly you have to connect your printer with the application. For that, click on the “+” icon available in the app to add the new printer. Once you have selected the printer choose the document that you have to scan from your mobile and click OK. You can later save, share or print the scanned document or photo.
Scan using Web scan
Web scan allows you to scan any documents, images directly from the web browser of your computer. The web scan feature will be off by default. You may ask how to enable the Web scan feature? To enable the web scan:
- To open the web server check the IP address (which is latter discussed in this article) of your printer and open the server.
- Next click the Settings tab.From there go to Administrator Settings under the Security menu
- Now click on Web scan from EWS to enable Web scan.
OTHER HP envy PRINTER MODELS
how to Update your printer
Sometimes you have to update the printer manually for better performance. To update your printer ensure that your printer is connected to a network. Follow the steps that we have discussed earlier about connecting the printer with the network. From that you have to enable the Web Services in your printer because this feature allows you to have an active internet connection. When the printer is successfully connected with the internet it will now automatically check for updates.
If any latest version of the driver software is available the printer will then automatically downloads and install the update. After the successful installation, your printer will automatically restart.
To Update the Printer using Printer Control Panel
- From the printer control panel Home screen select Setup
- Then click on Tools > Update the Printer.There you have to check for available updates
For automatic printer updates
To enable the printer to automatically check for updates go to printer control panel. In that choose Setup from the Home screen. Then click on Tools > Update the Printer. Choose the Printer Update Options and then click on Install Automatically (recommended) or Alert When Available.
HP Envy 4512 WEB SERVICES
How to set up web services
With the help of your HP printer, you can access the files from the internet by using this Web service feature. To access the HP Web services make sure that your printer is connected to an active internet connection.
Web Service using Printer Control Panel
- From the printer control panel go to Settings > Web Services
- There click on OK to start web services in your printer.
- Now your printer will be automatically connected to the server and print an automated test page.
Web Service using Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Find out your printer IP Address and with that you have to open the embedded web server.
- Then click on the setup from the embedded server settings icon. You will see a screen with set of instructions displayed.
- Next click on Continue to proceed with the embedded server web services
hp e print services
With this feature, you can access your printer from any place. You can get the printer email information by pressing the Information button and Cancel button. Before you activate this feature make sure that your computer or mobile device has an active Internet connection. Then enable the Web Services option on the printer.
To Print using HP ePrint
- Open the email application from the device that you have to connect.
- Click on create a new email button and attach the file that you want to print.
- In the “To” field enter the HP ePrint mailing address.
- Click Send email option.
If you don’t need any of the web services you can remove the services by clicking on the Web Services tab in the printer control panel and select Remove Web Services in the settings.
FIXING ISSUES IN HP ENVY 4512
How to solve paper jam and feed issue
Paper jam from the input tray
- Pull out the input tray and remove the paper which is stuck in the tray.
- After the paper is removed reinsert the input tray into the printer.
- Turn on the printer
Paper jam from the print zone
- Turn off the printer to access the ink cartridge area.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and move the printer carriage.
- Check for the paper jammed inside the cartridge area.
- Remove the jammed paper from the carriage.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Paper jam from the rear of the printer
Turn off the printer and open the rear door of the printer. Check for any paper stuck or jammed in the area. Remove the paper and close the rear access door.
It is recommended to avoid using tools to remove objects such as papers that stuck in print carriage. In general, to avoid paper jams in HP Envy 4512
- Frequently clear the output tray.
- Do not use papers that are torn or folded.
- Do not overload the input tray.
How to fix ink cartridge issues
Check frequently that if both the black and colored ink cartridges have the suitable amount of ink in it. If the ink level is lower than the normal, replace the ink cartridge. Also, check if the cartridge contacts are damaged or miss placed in the slots and check if the protective layer is removed properly. Clean the cartridge contact with a piece of fine cloth. Do not touch the contacts. Reinsert the cartridges in its slot to resume printing.
If you find trouble with the ink cartridge after this process, you have to replace the ink cartridge. Use only the original HP ink cartridges.
How to fix print quality issuesGenerally, print quality issues occur due to the following reasons
- Check if you are using original HP ink cartridge.Use the recommended paper size for printing.
- Choose the proper settings in the print settings page.
- Check for updates in the printer software and look for quality settings in the software.
- Make sure that you replace the ink cartridge at regular intervals.
- Proper cartridge alignment must be done after installing new cartridges every time for better print quality.
How to solve network issuesMost often you may face issues with network connectivity while printing from the LAN cables. To solve these issues regarding the network and connectivity, you can visit the HP online troubleshooting wizard Follow the instructions displayed on your desktop to complete the troubleshooting process.
Fix wireless connectionIf you have encountered any network issues from your printer you can fix the HP printer wireless connection by downloading the HP printer scan doctor from the given link. The HP Scan doctor software helps you to fix the network issues automatically. To check the network configuration and to print test page follow the instructions
- Click on Wireless from the Home screen in the printer control display panel.
- Next, select the Settings > Print Reports > Network configuration Page or Wireless Test Report.