DO YOU LOOKING FOR HELP To Set up And Install HP Printer?
Do you find difficulties to set up or installing your HP Printer? Then you are in the right place. 123.hp.com/setup help you in unboxing, installing, printing and scanning. We also guide you in how to connect to wireless network and basic set up of HP printer. You will also know some important information such as downloading and installing HP printer software and drivers.
Steps to Install HP PRINTER
- To begin with the basic printer setup, follow the given steps to unbox and setting up your printer.
- First, you have to remove packing materials and tape both from outside and inside the printer carefully.
- You should handle the printer parts carefully because any damage could cause you malfunctioning of the printer.
- Then you should check for any packing materials left over in the input tray and cartridge areas.
- Once all the printer packing materials have been removed from the printer, put it for recycling.
- The next step is to provide power supply for your printer.
- For that you have to connect one end of the power chord given along with your printer with an external power.
- Once you have successfully connected the power chord you can turn ON the printer.
- Then from the printer control panel go to Settings to set date, time, and language of the printer.
Steps to install HP printer software
With this above step, you have come to the end of your printer hardware set up. Next let’s move on to the software installation. To install the printer software make sure that your printer is connected in a network or an active internet connection. The network setup is latter discussed in this website. You can install the official HP printer software for your printer from 123.hp.com
Get all kinds of HP Printer tech support from us at 123.hp.com. You can call our customer support team through the toll-free number given from our website.
HOW TO PRINT DOCUMENTS
Steps to Printing status report and cartridge alignment
Before you start printing your documents make sure that you have checked the print quality. It is important to check for print quality so that you can get better print results. For better print quality, you have to align the ink cartridges first.
- To check the print quality, the printer will automatically print an alignment paper.
- Ensure that you have loaded the input tray with the paper before checking the print quality.
- Check with the alignment paper and follow the instructions given in the printed paper for ink cartridge alignment.
Next for aligning the ink cartridges, follow the instructions given below
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the printed alignment paper in the scanner glass.
- Make sure that the printed side is facing downwards.
- Close the scanner lid to and click on OK to start the alignment process.
- You have to use original HP ink cartridges only.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed in their respective slots.
- You should always monitor the ink levels in the cartridges.
- It is advised not to use the papers if folded or torn
Steps To Print on both sides (duplexing)
Some of you may ask how can I print on both the sides of the paper?
You can definitely print on both sides of the paper. It is called as duplexing. To achieve this you have to open the printer control panel. Select File > Print. There click the printer shortcut tab and select print on both sides manually.
Steps to print using HP printer
With the successful alignment of the ink cartridges, we are now moving on towards how to print using your HP printer?
In this section we guide you in printing your documents. You can print your required documents by any of the following methods
- HP Smart App
- HP Printer Software
Steps To Print using the hp smart app
Follow the instructions given below for successful printing using the HP Smart app method
- Insert the paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Next, open the HP Smart app and select your printer.
- Select the document that you have to print (Photos, documents)
- Click on Print
Steps To Print documents using hp printer software
In case if you wish to print using the printer software, you must have to install the appropriate printer driver and software as stated before. You can install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com in your computer.
- Load the input paper into the input tray.
- Open the printer properties dialogue box (Ctrl + p).
- Here you can set details and change properties like paper size, color, and paper orientation.
- Next, click on print to start printing.
HOW TO COPY AND SCAN DOCUMENTS
Some of your printer has the capability of taking copies and scanning your documents. In this section we help you on scanning and copying your documents. The user can take any number of copies with the Copy menu or they can scan your documents and use it for later purposes.
Steps to Copying documents
- Make sure that your printer is ON.
- Now load the paper that you want to make the copy in the scanner glass.
- Ensure that you placed the printed side facing down in the scanner area.
- Next you have to select copy option from the printer control panel.
- Then enter the number of copies that you are going to make and click on copy.
You can also change the properties like paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings. To start copying click on Settings from the printer display and select copy.
Note: Click on Select Black to start the copy in black and white. Or Select Start Color to start the copy in color
To download the latest updated printer driver, you can visit https://123.hp.com/ and choose the appropriate printer model to download the printer driver. Once you have successfully downloaded the printer driver you have to install it. The printer driver can be downloaded either through the Network or the Wireless method. The printer will automatically detect your computer configuration and display the list of drivers and software for your printer. Choose the appropriate package and download the complete drivers and software for your HP printer.
Steps to Scanning documents
Install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com as stated earlier in this article. Follow the steps to download and install the software for scanning your documents.
- Next you have to place the paper to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Note that the print side must always face downwards in the scanner section.
- Now open the installed HP scan software to start the scanning process.
- Click on scan to scan the document placed in the scanner glass.
You can also scan the document through any of the following ways
Scan using the HP Smart
The HP Smart app is used widely to scan documents or photos from the printer’s scanner. The HP Smart app also includes tools that allow you to adjust the scanned image. Follow the instructions to start scanning with the HP smart app
Steps To Scan From Windows 10
- Place the paper to be scanned with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Smart app and click on scan option from the application.
- From there you can see the preview of the scanned document by selecting the Preview button.
- Select the Save icon after the scanning process is completed.
Steps to Scan From Android or iOS
For using this HP smart app from your mobile device you have to download the HP Smart app in your mobile.
Before using the app, firstly you have to connect your printer with the application. For that, click on the “+” icon available in the app to add the new printer. Once you have selected the printer choose the document that you have to scan from your mobile and click OK. You can later save, share or print the scanned document or photo.
Steps To Scan using Web Scan
Web scan allows you to scan any documents, images directly from the web browser of your computer. The web scan feature will be off by default. You may ask how to enable the Web scan feature? To enable the web scan:
- To open the web server check the IP address (which is latter discussed in this article) of your printer and open the server.
- Next click the Settings tab.From there go to Administrator Settings under the Security menu
- Now click on Web scan from EWS to enable Web scan.
WIRELESS PRINTER SETUP
In this section, we will be discussing about wireless and wired printer setup of HP Printer. As most of the printers now do support both wireless printing and wired printing, it has become much important to know about these setup. We will explain in detail about how to set up your printer in wireless method, how to change your IP address and many more.
Steps to setup wireless Printer
If in case you wish to connect your HP Printer wireless you can access through the HP wireless direct and Wi-Fi Direct features. From these methods you can connect Wi-Fi capable devices such as Smartphone, tablets, or computers to you printer to setup a wireless network connection without the help of wireless router or access point.
Steps To Setup Wi-Fi Direct and Wireless Direct
Wi-Fi Direct allows you to print wirelessly through your computer, Smartphone, or tablet. For that, your device must download the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com/setup as stated earlier. To turn on Wi-Fi direct follow the steps given
- Go to the printer control panel and click on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- In Wi-Fi direct option select settings. There you can Turn On the Wi-Fi direct option.
- You can connect up to five devices through the Wi-Fi direct method.
You can also access this method even when your printer is connected via USB cable. Make sure that your device has an active internet connection. If you have connected your printer to the computer with a USB cable, follow the steps below for the Wi-Fi Direct connection
- Open the HP printer software in the computer.
- Select Tools> Device Setup & Software> Connect a new device.
- Under the connection tab you will find Wireless option.
- It will automatically list the available printers there select your HP printer from the list of detected printers.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the setup.
Steps to print from a wireless-capable mobile that supports Wi-Fi Direct
- First, you have to Turn Wi-Fi Direct ON in your printer and in your mobile.
- Then choose the document that you have to print from your mobile and click on Print.
- The screen will now display the list of available printers.
- From that list of available printers select your printer and click OK.
Steps to print from a wireless-capable computer
- To print using Wi-Fi Direct from your computer, make sure that you have turned on the Wi-Fi direct option in your printer and computer.
- Choose the printers name from the list of the available network in the Wi-Fi settings in your computer.
- Next, enter the password to connect the printer with your computer.
With is you have successfully connected your printer wireless. If your printer is connected via USB cable, follow the steps mentioned as earlier in this setup.
Steps to setup wired network printer
For users who wish to connect your printer via LAN or other wired network you have to connect your printer with the Ethernet cable from the router. Ensure that you have connected the Ethernet cable properly. In your printer you can find a port for connecting the Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable at the printer port and another end to the network router. Once the connection is completed download the printer driver. At the end of driver installation, select the connection type as ‘Wired Network and click ok to complete the setup.
Steps to change network settings
Steps To Print Network settings
- Click on Wireless icon to displaythe network status screen.
- Next select Print Info to print the network configuration page.
- You can also follow these steps to print network settings
- Click Tools > Network Configuration Report
Steps To change IP settings
- Click on Wireless option and select Settings
- Go to Advanced Settings > IP Settings
You will get a warning message like the one shown below
For changing the settings manually set the following details as per your network settings. IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Address
how to Update your printer
Sometimes you have to update the printer manually for better performance. To update your printer ensure that your printer is connected to a network. Follow the steps that we have discussed earlier about connecting the printer with the network. From that you have to enable the Web Services in your printer because this feature allows you to have an active internet connection. When the printer is successfully connected with the internet it will now automatically check for updates.
If any latest version of the driver software is available the printer will then automatically downloads and install the update. After the successful installation, your printer will automatically restart.
Steps To Update The Printer Using Printer Control Panel
- From the printer control panel Home screen select Setup
- Then click on Tools > Update the Printer.There you have to check for available updates
HP printer WEB SERVICES
Steps to set up web services
With the help of your HP printer, you can access the files from the internet by using this Web service feature. To access the HP Web services make sure that your printer is connected to an active internet connection.
Steps to set up web service using printer control panel
- From the printer control panel go to Settings > Web Services
- There click on OK to start web services in your printer.
- Now your printer will be automatically connected to the server and print an automated test page.
Steps to set up web service using Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Find out your printer IP Address and with that you have to open the embedded web server.
- Then click on the setup from the embedded server settings icon. You will see a screen with set of instructions displayed.
- Next click on Continue to proceed with the embedded server web services
Steps to set up HP e print services
With this feature, you can access your printer from any place. You can get the printer email information by pressing the Information button and Cancel button. Before you activate this feature make sure that your computer or mobile device has an active Internet connection. Then enable the Web Services option on the printer.
Steps To Print Using HP ePrint
- Open the email application from the device that you have to connect.
- Click on create a new email button and attach the file that you want to print.
- In the “To” field enter the HP ePrint mailing address.
- Click Send email option.
If you don’t need any of the web services you can remove the services by clicking on the Web Services tab in the printer control panel and select Remove Web Services in the settings.
FIXING ISSUES IN HP printers
How to solve paper jam and feed issue
Paper jam from the input tray
- Pull out the input tray and remove the paper which is stuck in the tray.
- After the paper is removed reinsert the input tray into the printer.
- Turn on the printer
Steps to fix paper jam from the print zone
- Turn off the printer to access the ink cartridge area.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and move the printer carriage.
- Check for the paper jammed inside the cartridge area.
- Remove the jammed paper from the carriage.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Steps to fix paper jam from the rear of the printer
Turn off the printer and open the rear door of the printer. Check for any paper stuck or jammed in the area. Remove the paper and close the rear access door.
It is recommended to avoid using tools to remove objects such as papers that stuck in print carriage. In general, to avoid paper jams in HP Printer
- Frequently clear the output tray.
- Do not use papers that are torn or folded.
- Do not overload the input tray.
Steps to fix ink cartridge issues
Check frequently that if both the black and colored ink cartridges have the suitable amount of ink in it. If the ink level is lower than the normal, replace the ink cartridge. Also, check if the cartridge contacts are damaged or miss placed in the slots and check if the protective layer is removed properly. Clean the cartridge contact with a piece of fine cloth. Do not touch the contacts. Reinsert the cartridges in its slot to resume printing.
If you find trouble with the ink cartridge after this process, you have to replace the ink cartridge. Use only the original HP ink cartridges.
Steps to solve network issues
Most often you may face issues with network connectivity while printing from the LAN cables. To solve these issues regarding the network and connectivity, you can visit the HP online troubleshooting wizard
Follow the instructions displayed on your desktop to complete the troubleshooting process.
Steps to fix wireless connection
If you have encountered any network issues from your printer you can fix the HP printer wireless connection by downloading the HP printer scan doctor from the given link. The HP Scan doctor software helps you to fix the network issues automatically.
To check the network configuration and to print test page follow the instructions
- Click on Wireless from the Home screen in the printer control display panel.
- Next, select the Settings > Print Reports > Network configuration Page or Wireless Test Report.
Go to 123.hp.com or 123.hp.com/setup for more setup details.
123 HP Printer SEtup
123 HP OfficeJet 3831 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 3833 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 4500 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 4650 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 4655 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 5741 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 8740 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 6200 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 6978 Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 8710 Setup